In today's episode, I welcome on Lawrence Judd from Macros Inc. Lawrence is a good friend and someone I've wanted to have on the podcast for a while. I'm sure a few of you will know of him, and if not, you're in for a treat as one of his superpowers is distilling complicated topics into understandable and practical steps. We dive deep into marketing and talk about a definition for it, where personal trainers go wrong, companies who are doing it well, setting business goals for more effective marketing and why you're likely a yoyo marketer.
- [04.55] - what has happened to Lawrence's chemical engineering career and how he came into the fitness industry?
- [10.11] - how his degree in chemical engineering has aided his work in health and fitness
- [13.30] - what Lawrence means when he wrote "you're probably a yoyo marketer" in his LTB magazine piece
- [16.20] - does he think personal trainers have a knowledge or habit gap when it comes to marketing?
- [19.45] - how he explains marketing
- [24.00] - why it's so easy to forget about your customers when you get into running a business
- [26.18] - how marketing fits into running a business
- [29.20] - what companies he thinks are marketing their product/ service effectively
- [34.15] - where he sees personal trainers going wrong with their marketing?
- [38.54] - how to compare yourself to your competitors effectively
- [46.15] - relating your service to a fundamental human need
- [49.45] - why it's important to set clear business goals and how to set them
Find More About Lawrence:
Find Out More About LTB: