In today's episode, I talk to John O'neil from Cressey Sports Performance (CSP). John has served as the Director of Performance at CSP since the summer of 2017. He returned to CSP after being a part of the first intern group at CSP-Florida during the fall of 2014. Over the past few years, John has coached people of all ages in New York City and New Jersey, as well as working as a high school baseball coach. In this episode, we discuss how to find mentors, why you need to set standards for your own coaching, tips that will make you a more effective coach and much more.
- [1.53] - How John ended up getting an internship at Cressey Sports Performance
- [5.13] - What is it like working in an environment like CSP?
- [10.05] - How important mentors have been in his career
- [11.28] - How to find mentors?
- [23.13] - What you should do when you're not in your perfect job?
- [30.13] - How important is the human, connection side of coaching?
- [34.43] - What it was like when he first started as an intern in CSP
- [36.43] - What he wishes every single CSP intern knew about coaching
- [40.43] - Coaching and programming tips
Find More About John:
Find Out More About LTB: