Tony Cottenden is a returning guest who runs a gym called The Shed, which functions out of his back garden. It was started as a small summer house in May 2014 and he's run a full client base from it since March 2016. In this episode, we talk about a load of topics including lessons that have come lockdown, what he keeps telling people who are thinking about starting their own shed, why lockdown has made him love in-person even more, how he manages 40+ PT sessions a week, why just be yourself is useful advice for personal trainers and much more.
- [04.35] - What things he's finding himself repeating to people who are asking about opening their own shed/ garage gym?
- [06.25] - The size of his first shed personal training gym.
- [08.05] - Learning from lockdown - finding more ways to progress your clients aside from increasing load.
- [09.35] - 1-1 vs online training.
- [11.20] - Adding value outside of your in-person service.
- [16.20] - How he manages to sustain 40+ PT sessions?
- [25.50] - His onboarding app.
- [26.50] - Has he got clearer on his ideal client/ avatar that he serves as a personal trainer?
- [28.20] - Why a website has been his main way of getting new clients in.
- [30.35] - His longer-term goals.
- [34.35] - How he feels about the potential of a second wave/ lockdown?
- [36.30] - Why LTB has been a huge part of his success.
- [38.50] - Just "be yourself" and why it's an important part of being a PT.
Find Out More About Tony:
Find Out More About LTB: