In this interview, Stuart speaks to Cathy MacDonald. Cathy is the owner of a company called The Art of Communication, which works with numerous businesses on improving their communication. She has worked heavily with us at LTB and runs a course which a lot of our members have been on. In the interview we discuss:
- How Cathy got into the world of communication
- Why communication is so important for not just PT's, but everybody
- How to improve your listening skills to better the connection you have with your clients
- What we need to know about emotions
- How to use reframing to ensure we don't get caught in what is fact and what is an assumption (we make this mistake often!!)
- What Cathy's recommendations would be for a PT who wants to start improving their communication skills
You can find out more about Cathy by searching for "The Art of Communication" on Facebook.