In today's episode, I welcome on Kevin Mullins. Kevin is a personal trainer who has accumulated well over 10,000 hours worth of PT sessions. He works as Director of Product Development and Education for The St. James - A leading brand in Sports, Wellness, and Active Entertainment based in Virginia. We discuss why he hasn't opened a facility considering it was the logical next step, how we can make personal training well respected as a profession, how he grew his business inside of a commercial gym, hitting burnout and coming out the other side a better person and having to create Zumba style classes without the Zumba.
- [01.29] - Why Kevin has yet to open up his own personal training facility?
- [07.37] - Why he feels so passionate about the personal training industry
- [10.17] - How we can improve how people perceive personal training as a profession
- [15.07] - What his first few months in a commercial gym were like
- [21.50] - How he started getting clients in his commercial gym
- [26.07] - How he dealt with moments where his client numbers fluctuated up and down
- [30.22] - What other tips he has for a trainer who needs more clients
- [34.12] - Kevin tells us about hitting a point in his life where he really struggled with who he was and how he nearly left the industry
- [41.07] - Did he limit the number of sessions he was doing after hitting burnout?
- [44.37] - What it's like in his new role having to create Zumba-style classes
- [48.52] - Has his new role taught him anything he wishes he could go back and tell a younger Kevin Mullins?
- [52.00] - We talk about his book, Day by Day.
Find Out More About Kevin:
Find Out More About LTB: