In today's episode, Stuart talks to Danny Lennon from Sigma Nutrition about the considerations you should have if you're thinking about starting a podcast, what he thinks has helped his podcast grow to the level it has, Danny's three-part framework for describing what is health and what he thinks about to ensure he's living a meaningful life. It gets deep at points but I wouldn't have it any other way as this was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've done in a long time!
Danny is the founder of Sigma Nutrition and head of content creation for the company. Known for hosting the top-ranked podcast Sigma Nutrition Radio, Danny is also a respected educator in the field. He has spoken at conferences and events all over Europe (including London, Dublin, Amsterdam and Vienna), as well as the United States and Australia. Danny has a master’s degree (MSc.) in Nutritional Sciences from University College Cork, during which time Danny took classes in biochemistry, clinical nutrition, micronutrient interactions and physiology. Previous to this Danny also completed a BSc. Degree in Biology and Physics Education and spent a year teaching these subjects.
- [03.13] - Why Danny decided to start his own podcast, Sigma Nutrition Radio
- [09.26] - The trap that trainers fall into when getting into creative pursuits like writing, podcasting and video
- [11.16] - Danny's message to someone who is thinking of doing a podcast
- [15.13] - Why it's so easy to get sucked into looking at the wrong metrics when putting content out into the world
- [22.30] - What Danny has done to grow professionally and personally
- [34.12] - A discussion around Danny's What is Health framework
- [39.24] - Why he used contentedness over happiness as one of his key parts of his framework
- [45.56] - The importance of relationships and connection
Find Out More About Danny:
Find Out More About LTB: